Tuesday 31 July 2012

THE OLYMPIC DIVERSION..

I'd like to start this latest blog post with a reference to my pyjamas..As I type, I am wearing my pink and white sheep decorated pyjamas with the words "Absol-ewe-tly Fab-ewe-lous" embroidered across them. I don't know which is worse.. the fact that I am still in my pyjamas at 13.06pm after starting work in them at 7.50am this morning or the fact that there is such an irony in the fact that I really don't look anyway fab-ewe-lous right now.. In fact the sheep on my pyjamas look in better nick..

It literally feels like I am cramming for my leaving cert!! The hours go by and all you keeping thinking about is the chapter you still haven't got through. There are half-drank cups of tea everywhere and pieces of paper with scribbles all over what used to be my kitchen!

Despite all that, things are good..No, things are great! This week marked the official two year anniversary of my new venture into life as a singer/songwriter! Hard to believe it's two years since I started working on the 2011 plan of action. It's also the end of week 6 of the 10,000 project and a little anxious at how much work still needs to be done in the next 6!
The project in some ways became diverted with my announcement of the Olympics gig next Friday 3rd August in the Olympic Park. Naturally this has been big news for me and it actually hasn't sunk in at all yet. It has meant that my focus on the project has been sidetracked somewhat but it is an incredible opportunity and very important that I make the most of it! In saying that, some of the project experiments have been doing very well. For exampe:

1. 1,000 BROADCAST MINS - I have made it over the 400 broadcast minutes ahead of the EP release. The single from the EP 'Something Has Changed' is officially on the airwaves from today. LMFM have added it to their A playlist. It has also already started to get plays on South East Radio, Breeze AM and Northern Sound!

2. 1,000 KILOMETRES - Whilst I haven't actually got on the road yet, the routes have been planned and the destinations organised and the kilometres being covered providing everything goes to play is actually closer to 2,000!! Starting out at Dundalk, the 10,000 troops will make their way to places like Galway, Cork, Limerick. Cork, Wexford, Donegal among more..

3. 1,000 WORDS PUBLISHED - Done and dusted in week 2 and has since been smashed with more articles over the past 2 weeks! Delighted.

And some, not so well just yet...

1. 1,000 YOUTUBE SUBSCRIPTION, 1,000 FACEBOOK LIKES - I have grouped these two together because they are both as appalling as each other! I have spent no time on either of them which of course doesn't help the situation but they are failing miserably at the moment. My plan is to really focus on these after the tour and see what strategies work best!!
2. 1,000 FACES 1,000 ARTISTS - Again I have bundled these 2 together as they are off the ground but the main activity on them takes place the two weeks of the tour and the two weeks afterwards!


Over all, I am really enjoying the project and whilst I know it is very ambitious and requires a lot of work, a lot of the experiments are really opening up so many new networks and all sorts of different opportunities..

Time to go, so much to do..Be back soon!! Olympics 2012 here I come....






No comments:

Post a Comment